The Italian part of the link extends for a total length of about 95 km, from the Piossasco powr station, in the province of Turin, up to the State border, located inside the Frejus security tunnel. Most of the line extends for approximately 73 km along the A32 motorway which is part of the Frejus Safety Tunnel, 13 km long in total, approximately 6.5 km of which is in Italian territory. The remaining 22 km runs alongside provincial roads (SP 589), municipal roads and agricultural land.
There are numerous artefacts along the route, mostly related to the motorway as well as various galleries, the latter dedicated to the link.
The route is divided into 5 sections, each with its own scope.
These sections are:
- Section outside SITAF jurisdiction (from the Piossasco terminal to junction manhole no.19 located at line marker stake 17 +965.00)
- “Lower” section under SITAF jurisdiction (from junction manhole no.19 to manhole no. 46 located at line marker stake 44 +355,235)
- “Central” section under SITAF jurisdiction (from junction manhole no. 46 to junction manhole no. 70 located at line marker stake 67 +379.887)
- “High” section under SITAF jurisdiction (from junction manhole no. 70 to junction manhole no. 94 located at line marker stake 88 +444.462)
- Fréjus Safety Gallery Section extending for a total of 13 km in length, which runs for approx. 7 km on the Italian side (from junction manhole no.94 located at line marker stake 88 +444.462 at the state border line marker stake 94 +883.000)
Select sector or country to refine your search